Saturday, September 01, 2007

How many WORDS do you write per day?

How many WORDS do you write per day?: "I never updated a site in many many years. So non? Its not about how many words or pages you have. Its not about continually adding stuff for the sake of it. I wrote what I did 7 or 8 years ago for the fun of sharing useful information about a diverse bunch of stuff/hobbies etc. When I finished I had nothing else of any 'real value' use to say. The stuff I wrote I did because I understood more about those subjects than anyone else did. Thats still the case. Its about building a website that people want/find useful/offers something new/saves people money or time/shows them how to do something/shares experiences or whatever. But for it to work it needs to be a new, fresh idea or something that isnt already out there at the very least. There no point in being a 'me too' because it does not work unless you have more to offer than the best of the rest. You site must be head and shoulders above the rest for it to get the natural links and PR to be a success. Just writing more and more pages that you have no passion for to stick ads on is a recipe for mediocrity. Your question. How much content can you produce each day? Is the wrong question. You need to think what can I offer the visitor? Less is more - quality is whats important not pages of text with ads on. "