Monday, May 16, 2005

Many Niche Sites

" 'What types of website generate CTR's > 15%?'

Yep, niche sites in my case. I find tight niches that get a decent number of searches for the main keywords and build content pages around the relevant keywords. I don't even think about AdSense when determining what my next site project will be - I focus instead on finding good affiliate programs for selling the products directly. Then I add AdSense if I find there are some good AS advertisers and if my product affiliates aren't converting my traffic well enough.

Having said that, my sites are all over the board in terms of CTR. Overall, they avg. 17%-26% day-to-day, but individual sites can be as low as 2% and as high as 45%.

I like the 'many sites' niche approach, but it is very labor intensive and playing webmaster is like a second job. Not for the faint of heart or the 'part-timers' among us. :-) " Swebbie