Monday, September 12, 2005

Database Driven Sites!

"mine was a fluke, I had an 'in' in a specific industry, put the site online and it hit a nerve and took off like a rocket. Then it evolved over 7 years and I realized people weren't getting what they wanted easily just like they don't on the search engines so I started mining the data for them with one click search entries into the database and the search engine picked up on all these links and it just keeps escalating.

It all starts with a SUBMIT form tied to a database, my visitors actually built the database and I'm just the programmer. If you can find a way to get people interested enough to submit data to your site, you're half way to a database driven site as getting other people to do your work for you is the hard part." incrediBILL